Sunday, January 10, 2016

30 'til 30 day 9: Moving West..

I'll be honest. I got a bit side-tracked today and sort of forgot that I needed to make a post.

One thing that got me off track was continuing to decorate my new bedroom. On one wall, I hung up a few of my favorite prints, postcards, and mementos from my time on the west coast, absolutely one of the biggest, bravest choices of my young adulthood.

Since I'm short on time this evening, and my westward adventure is a lot to cover...I figure today's entry can start the story by going back to the record of my thoughts at the time: the OG blog, Go West, Young Lady.

Specifically, twos posts sum up the emotions and intentions I felt at the beginning of that journey:


http://ladygowest.blogspot.com/2009/09/intermission.html

Reading my own words again now, so many feelings rush back. I vividly remember the combination of apprehension and elation I felt that fall, packing up my whole world and moving to a place where I knew no one, with no idea of how long I would be gone or if I would ever move back.

The next two years would wind up being some of the most challenging and exciting years of my life, and I am planning to revisit some specific highlights here this week. But for tonight, enjoy the hopeful perspective of 23(!!) year old Sarah, as she embarks on the adventure of a (30 year) lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment